Board of Overseers of the Bar v. David E. Hunt, Esq.
Download Download Decision (PDF)
Docket No.: BAR#11-11
Issued by: Maine Supreme Judicial Court
Date: April 14, 2016
Respondent: David E. Hunt, Esq.
Bar Number: 002522
Order: Receiver Discharge Order
Disposition/Conduct: Receiver Discharge Order
Based upon a Receiver's Final Report and Petition for Compensation and Reimbursement of Expenses Filed Under Seal and Petition for Discharge ("Receiver's Final Report"), filed by the Receiver, Kurt E. Klebe, Esq., it is ORDERED as follows:
- Kurt E. Klebe, Esq. is discharged as Receiver of the law practice of suspended attorney David E. Hunt.
- The Stipulation and Order, dated May 4, 2012, remains in full force and effect, and the firm of Verrill Dana, LLP is the successor in interest to the law practice of suspended attorney David E. Hunt for the purpose of exercising the authority of Mr. Hunt to remove any fiduciaries and appoint any successor fiduciaries.
- Kurt E. Klebe, Esq. and the firm of Verrill Dana, LLP as Attorney Klebe's successor shall act as primary file custodian of the unclaimed client files of suspended attorney David E. Hunt. The files shall remain inventoried and accessible in the event any client seeks to retrieve his/her/its file. The files shall be retained or securely destroyed consistent with the Maine Rules of Professional Conduct. Attorney Klebe, and Verrill Dana, LLP as his successor, shall be deemed to be acting on behalf of the Board of Overseers of the Bar as custodian of the client files of Mr. Hunt's practice.
- Any IOLTA accounts of the suspended attorney David E. Hunt held by Verrill Dana, LLP shall be closed out within 14 days of this Order. Any unclaimed IOLTA funds shall be transmitted to the Board of Overseers of the Bar, which shall apply such funds to the amount owed by Mr. Hunt to the Board of Overseers of the Bar pursuant to former Maine Bar Rule 7.3(f)(1)(vii).
- Kurt E. Klebe, Esq. is entitled to reasonable compensation for his services as Receiver of the law practice of suspended attorney David E. Hunt of $5,309.00 as of March 28, 2016, plus reimbursement of the direct expenses incurred while serving as Receiver of the law practice of suspended attorney David E. Hunt of $778.65 as of March 28, 2016.
- Kurt E. Klebe, Esq. shall accept as partial satisfaction of the Receiver's services such additional amounts to be paid from such additional sources as the Court shall determine.
Dated: April 14, 2016
Donald G. Alexander
Maine Supreme Judicial Court